- Mobile Site User Testing Survey for the General Dental Council
- Resident Engagement to Tackle Recycling Contamination in Nottingham
- City of London Commissions Enventure for Resident Engagement
- City of Lincoln Council Commission Enventure for Tenancy Consultation
- Kayleigh Achieves MRS Certificate Distinction
- Second Resident Engagement Campaign in Basildon
- Enthusiastic Team Deliver Barnet’s Large Scale Engagement Campaign
- A Call to Action Survey Analysis for NHS Wakefield
- Further Consultation with Residents on the Future of Public Libraries
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Anglesey Council awards Enventure it’s Residents’ Survey
Isle of Anglesey County Council’s vision is to be, ‘a well run County Council delivering consistent service to our citizens whilst providing value for money’.
Isle of Anglesey County Council has in place a ‘Community Strategy for the Isle of Anglesey 2012-2025’, a strategic document that will help shape each of the key partner’s corporate plans into the future. To ensure that the council delivers on aspects of the Community Strategy, it has updated and realigned its Corporate Plan and Service Delivery Plans to reflect the aspirations, targets and action of the Community Strategy.
An understanding of residents’ perceptions, priorities and satisfaction form a key part of the council’s business and performance planning. The last residents’ survey was last conducted in 2001 and the council wishes to undertake consultation with residents across the island to help:
- Shape the priorities for public service improvement across the island
- Identify if there are any local differences in residents’ needs and priorities
- Develop a coherent information and intelligence plan which forms a key part of a rationalisation process.
Enventure Research has been commissioned to undertake this strategic piece of research and will be undertaking a residents’ telephone survey followed by a series of focus groups.