- Enventure appointed to deliver customer feedback research on behalf of Catch22
- Mobile Site User Testing Survey for the General Dental Council
- Resident Engagement to Tackle Recycling Contamination in Nottingham
- City of London Commissions Enventure for Resident Engagement
- City of Lincoln Council Commission Enventure for Tenancy Consultation
- Kayleigh Achieves MRS Certificate Distinction
- Second Resident Engagement Campaign in Basildon
- Enthusiastic Team Deliver Barnet’s Large Scale Engagement Campaign
- A Call to Action Survey Analysis for NHS Wakefield
- Further Consultation with Residents on the Future of Public Libraries
Further effective resident engagement in Gloucestershire
Enventure is once again working with Gloucestershire County Council, engaging with its residents to encourage them to participate in their new and improved recycling services. Over the years, Enventure has worked the majority of the local authorities within Gloucestershire, and is now carrying out two seprate programmes of resident engagement in Stroud District Council and Forest of Dean District Council.
In Stroud, residents have recently received a wheeled bin to allow them to recycle more materials on the doorstep. Enventure is working in partnership with the bin delivery crews to ensure that residents understand how to use their new bin and that they will recycle as much as possible.
In Forest of Dean, residents have also received new containers for their waste and recycling, including food waste caddies and a wheeled bin for their general waste. Enventure is currently engaging with residents on their doorstep to find out whether they understand their new service, whether they will participate in the new food waste scheme, and to help them overcome any barriers they may have to recycling in their household.