- The General Dental Council (GDC) commissioned Enventure Research to conduct a programme of research exploring awareness of its professional standards and how this awareness could be raised
- A mixed methodology approach was adopted. Each aspect of the research was conducted in sequence to allow earlier stages to inform later stages
- First, an online survey was conducted with patients and members of the public, promoted via email to a representative sample of the UK population in terms of age, gender and country
- 1,389 members of the public took part in the online survey.
- Four focus groups and two in-depth telephone interviews then conducted with members of the public, spread across the UK, to explore the issues in greater depth
- A second online survey with a random sample of 23,000 GDC registrants was then conducted, again promoted by email.
- A representative sample of 1,186 registrants took part in the online survey
- Four focus groups and eight in-depth telephone interviews were then held with GDC registrants
- Enventure Research conducted detailed analysis of the survey findings and qualitative feedback
- GDC provided with a comprehensive report
- Findings used to help the GDC to explore how public awareness of the standards could be raised and recognise what impact an increased understanding of what to expect would have on patients, dental professionals and overall standards of care
- Results informed the creation of a document designed to better empower patients and set out what they should expect from a visit to a dental professional.
“Matt delivers consistently high quality reports, written to a standard that requires little iteration. He has demonstrated patience and professionalism while working with us through time delays”
Jessica Rothnie, General Dental Council
To find out more about this, and other similar projects, please contact us – we would be happy to help!