• Liverpool University is part of the N8 Policing Research Partnership, a collaboration between the eight most research-intensive universities in the North of England working to establish and formalise a regional network of research and innovation in policing
• Enventure Research commissioned by Liverpool University to explore public understanding and perceptions of policing across the North of England, including interest in and importance of police matters and the role of university researchers in studying the police
• The five-minute questionnaire, designed in partnership between Enventure Research and Liverpool University, was administered face-to-face on-street survey by skilled and IQCS (Interviewer Quality Control Scheme) accredited interviewers
• In total, 22 sampling points were used across 11 regions in the North of England
• 2,218 members of the public completed the on-street survey, ensuring that at least 200 were completed in each of the 11 regions
• Quotas were set on gender, age, ethnicity and life stage to ensure representation
• Detailed analysis was undertaken with the findings presented in a comprehensive research report for Liverpool University, who will use the findings to support the activities and future direction of the N8 Policing Research Partnership initiative
To find out more about this, and other similar projects, please contact us – we would be happy to help!