• Cornwall Council wished to regularly measure its residents’ satisfaction with its performance, services and the local area through a regular Resident Survey twice every year, including benchmarking against other councils over time using results from the LGA’s national polling survey
• A questionnaire was designed by Enventure Research and the Council, covering topics such as satisfaction with the local area and services, advocacy of the Council, trust in the Council, experiences of contacting the Council and crime and safety in the local area
• By including the same questions from the LGA national polling survey, this allows for direct comparisons to be made with other local authorities to track trends and differences over time
• Enventure Research conduct a telephone survey with 500 Cornwall residents twice every year, with quotas set on age, sex and Community Network Area to ensure the sample is representative of the population of Cornwall
• The latest wave of the survey took place in Autumn 2019, with the next wave scheduled for Spring 2020
• After each of wave of the survey, Enventure Research provide the Council with a full reporting slide deck which highlights key findings and subgroup analysis using charts and infographics
• The research provides Cornwall Council with a snapshot of resident opinion on its performance, the local area and Council services and allows the Council to assess its performance against other local authorities to understand trends and differences over time
To find out more about this, and other similar projects, please contact us – we would be happy to help!