• In order to evaluate readership and recall of the most recent edition of ‘Your Police, West Yorkshire Police’s community newsletter, the force commissioned Enventure Research to undertake a door-to-door survey of residents across the county
• A questionnaire was designed to measure recall and readership of the newsletter, evaluate the newsletter’s design, assess its relevance and appeal and to determine preferences such as level of local focus and distribution channels
• The survey took approximately ten minutes to complete and was administered by interviewers using a handheld CAPI (Computer Aided Personal Interviewing) device alongside showcards and other stimulus material
• Quotas were set on district, age, gender and ethnicity to ensure that the sample of 150 residents were broadly representative of the West Yorkshire population
• West Yorkshire Police conducted and managed research internally alongside the door-to-door survey in the form of an online and postal survey
• Findings from the research were provided to West Yorkshire Police, allowing for direct comparisons to be made between the door-to-door survey and the online and postal surveys conducted by the force
• The research findings were used to inform and improve West Yorkshire Police communications, including the ‘Your Police’ community newsletter
To find out more about this, and other similar projects, please contact us – we would be happy to help!